Deployment Analytics (DORA Metrics)
Learn about Deployment Analytics (DORA Metrics)...
Monitoring the performance and efficiency of software development processes, especially in a world where customer needs are increasing and change projects are advancing rapidly, is a very difficult task. In each company and organization, there are many small teams that make up a whole. One of the biggest goals of the DevOps team is to identify the points where these teams get stuck, especially during the software development phase, from the very beginning to the end (production), to determine what the obstacles are, and to make the correlation between these obstacles visible with the prolongation of the process.
We have started developing the "Deployment Analytics" feature to evaluate DORA metrics (Four key metrics).
For the BETA release, Oobeya Gitwiser now calculates two of the DORA metrics for your deployments:
- Deployment Frequency—How often an organization successfully releases to production
- Lead Time for Changes—The amount of time it takes a commit to get into production
There are two ways two perform Deployment Analytics in Oobeya:
- 1.Open Gitwiser main page. Click “New Analysis”. Select Addon/Data Source/Project/Branch (Consider selecting the branch you released).
- 2.Select “Deployment Analytics”.
- 3.Select GitLab as CI/CD Addon, and select your data source & project. Then, type the name of the deploy/release stage defined in the pipeline (gitlab-CI.yaml) configuration. Finally, click the “Start Analysis” button.
- 1.Open the Gitwiser analysis result page (consider selecting the branch you released), and click the Deployment Analytics tab. Then click the “Start Deployment Analytics” button.
- 2.Select GitLab as CI/CD Addon, and select your project. Then, type the name of the deploy/release stage defined in the pipeline (gitlab-CI.yaml) configuration. Finally, click the “Start Analysis” button.
The result of Deployment Analytics is shown below.
In Deployment Analytics, you can specify your goal and you can get actions about the DORA metrics.
- 1.Navigate to Administration Panel > Go to Admin Settings > Gitwiser > Deployment Analytics.
- 2.Specify your goals for each breakdown and then click to 'the Save' button.